December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

We opened gifts yesterday because hubby had to work today. But today I baked my heart out to help out my family. My parents were in a car accident on Christmas Eve and lost all the baking my mom had done. So today I took on the task of replacing the lost treats. I made toffee squares (our family's all-time favorite, but I forgot to take a photo of!) and shortbread. I had made the chocolate covered cherries and peanut butter cups a few days ago and I also made fudge today that hubby took to work to give to his coworkers. Then just as the baking was finishing I whipped up Caramel Apple Porkchops and Lemon Butter Pasta for Christmas supper. Aren't I a good wife??? :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Blessings and peace to you and your family.

3 comments:

Nicole Drewniak said...

Looks divine Treen!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!! I wish I could come and eat at your house!!! All my favorites on one day!!! :) If you have any chocolates and such left over, let me know and I'll help you eat them!

Maggi said...

Those are some yummy looking treats! Hope your parents are ok.